Visitors from the North

Last Wednesday my dad and Maja come to visit me, it was really nice to see them again and I had a hard time focusing on school Thursday and Friday when I knew they were here... I met them at the station around 8 pm, we went back, had a snack and then off to bed.
Following day I was up at 7.30 to go to school and met up with them later in the evening to have dinner at a resturant called "The Rose Garden" where they had a giant buffé of asian food, really tasty! We had dinner with the lady who collected my keys for me when I wasn't able to do it and she was very talkative and nice. Back to the flat afterwards where we relaxed and chatted.
Next day dad went food shopping for me while I was studying, yeyy :D Got loads of food now so will manage quite a while! When he came back he soon left again to visit Friskis&Svettis, the organization he works for but here in Malmö. I finished my work, had lunch with Maja and then we went to school to hand in my job and then a short visit to Turning Torso(famous building here). Later we took the bus to meet dad in town, where we rented a movie. Tonight we made dinner at home and I realised that my attempt to connect my new computer to the tv to watch the movie from there, failed. I forgot that I don't have a CD player in my new laptop and my old one doesn't have a HDMI hole which is needed to connect the two... So we found the movie online and could therefor watch it anyway on the telly! Atleast we contributed to maintain the rental movie shops hehe...
Saturday we woke up early to catch the train to Copenhagen. I hadn't been there yet so it was all new to me as well. We started off being very Swedish with a meal at Max(Swedish hamburger place) and then we visited the Guiness world's record museum and a new place called something with Mystery Exploitar(?) which was kind of like a horror house. After that we eventually found a place to grab a fika and then Tivoli! That day was the first day of their Christmas season so thousands of lights lit up the buildings and trees and small cottages drenched in fake snow everywhere. It was so cosy and it really gave me some Christmas spirit! Highly recommend a visit! We stayed for about 3 hours and then went back home.
Yesterday(Sunday) we woke up at about 10.20 in the morning(!) and didn't really have time to do much except packing and going into town for the airport shuffle. As always I hate saying goodbye but I know I will see them and everyone else in just a couple of weeks so I'm hanging in there ;) Thanks for reading, now pictures:
This man ate metal, among things he ate was 18 bikes and 2 smaller planes.... Why?


16-20th of October I went to visit Jo and Sarah in England and it was good to be back! Felt a bit strange though since someone else moved into "my room"... I got to meet my replacement, Vappu, a girl from Finland who was very funny and lovely to be around :)
The day I arrived we didn't do much, just enjoyed eachothers company and caught up with stories about life. The next day Vappu and I went to St Neots to meet Irena, a Czech au pair I use to hang out with, for a chai latte in Costa(<3) and some window shopping. That morning Jo had been around to Pat's place to pickup Tuscan and then found out that Pat turned 70 the nex day! We had planned to surprise her with dinner that evening but had no idea it was her birthday so we had to change our plans a bit. Vappu and I made a Swedish/Finnish birthday cake, which we, according to basically everyone, could have sold for several pounds! If I don't find a job in the future I have an option in opening a cake business in Brampton ;) After St Neots the hairdresser Jenny waited outside our door to cut my hair, decided to go with a sort of fringe for a change. After cooking all the food, baking ginger bread biscuits and done the cake we were ready to welcome our guests( Mr X and Pat). When Pat knocked on the front door I sneaked out through the back and around to the front, waited a few seconds and then knocked. Jo told Pat to get it and boy was she surprised to see me!! haha that moment was so fantastic! When we had calmed down we ate and had a fabulous evening with games, laughter and chats.
Next day we started with going to Sarah's trampolining session which lasted for an hour, then lunch and then Cambridge, did some shopping(see picture) and had dinner at Bill's, probably the coolest and most random resturant I've ever been to but love it to go there people! We came back around 20 and spent the rest of the evening with hairfiddling and x factor(?) :)
Sunday, nice weather, begun day with dogwalk with Pat and Tuscan then visit to Anglesey Abbey, a beutiful house with lovely surroundings and gardens. We had lunch when we arrived and the mandatory cream tea in the afternoon! We had to go via Cambridge on our way back since we unfortunately left Sarah's shopping bag in the resturant, luckily no one had taken it. Sarah and I wanted to go up on this hill I've seen everytime I arrived into Cambs with bus but still hadn't been to so we went there as the sun went down. Up there we met a guy who said he came up there sometimes to dance, quite unusal.... As we left the hill we could see him jumping around up there haha... Once back, Jo and Sarah watched some Coronation Street while I packed my bag. Nope I did not fit everything in my bag and will have to go back there (Oh no.. ;) ) Some more hair fiddling before bed and then up again at 03.40 to go to Stansted! Thank you for a lovely trip, see you again soon!
Sarah in action
Anglesey Abbey
Can't stop jumping
Kings and queens from houndred years ago cut their names into the glass of this window, kinda cool!
Sorroundings of Anglesey Abbey
Shopping :D
Vappu and I creating magic in the kitchen
The result
Me, Jo, Joyce, Vappu and Sarah!